The Fountain of Hope seeks to reach out to...
- Children who have lost their parents through HIV/AIDS.
- Children living with grandparents with little or no means of support.
- Children who have no one to send them to school.
- Homeless children lacking food and other basic necessities and are thus forced into stealing and other illegal behaviors.
- Children coming from poor backgrounds that cannot afford for their schooling.
- Elderly in need of basic necessities like shelter, drugs, glasses, food, clothes, shoes etc.
- Elderly with no one to care for them.
- Elderly who have lost their children, maybe through HIV/AIDS and are left to look after their grandchildren (mostly women).
"Change a child to change a nation."
About the President
Andrew Ngalle Junior was born in Cameroon. When he was very young, his father went to be with the Lord. To help provide for the family, Andrew sold cooked food with his mom and younger brother at Marche Deido in Douala for a living.
He has been involved in more than 10 trades to help finance his education (managed a barbing saloon, sold second hand textbooks, and sold Garri, rice, plantians...to name a few).
He came to know the Lord at a youth crusade in 1997 in Tiko and was fully involved in his church thereafter. Andrew holds a diploma in Tropical Agriculture from Bambili, B.A in Theology from Cornerstone Theological Seminary in Owerri, Nigeria, and a Master's of Divinity from International Theological Seminary, Los Angeles, California.
Andrew was a pastor in Cameroon for some time before coming to the United States to pursue his Master's degree. He is married to his beautiful wife Delphine and blessed with 3 children - Dela, Doli, and Samuel. They are also raising Oliver, his wife's nephew, as part of the family.
How It Started
May 1, 2013
It's kind of crazy how I ended up in Cameroon. Though if you know me, not at all surprising! I've had a calling for years to minister to the needy. After 6 missionary trips, which included India, China, Malawi, Umtata, Cambodia, and Mexico, I was curious where God would lead me next.
It was after a couple weeks of hard praying that the Fountain of Hope Mission fell into my lap. ( well not really, but pretty much!) A close friend of mine's cousin was starting an orphanage. It was in the early stages and he needed all the support he could get. I knew this was my calling. I immediately got in contact with Andrew and a couple months later, there my husband and I were, in Cameroon.
The experience was so humbling. I couldn't believe how gratetful, thoughtful and accommodating everyone was. We left knowing Fountain of Hope would forever hold a place in our hearts, and discussing when we'd be back. Please enjoy my pictures :)
Donna and Dale's First Trip to Cameroon.